Thursday, August 18, 2011

House Wine at the Trattoria

We had leftover Cruz Bay pork roast tonight.  It was served up with roasted broccoli and a zucchini and tomato sauté.  The sauté is a recipe I created to duplicate a dish I liked in a restaurant (before you ask, I can’t remember the restaurant).
I first cut the zucchini and an onion into thin strips.  I then sauté the onion and zucchini and add a diced garlic clove.  This is seasoned with salt, pepper, and dried basil.  After the onion, zucchini, and garlic brown I add a can of Huntz fire roasted tomatoes.  Finally, I cover and cook on low for about 15 minutes or until the zucchini is soft.
The dinner was paired with what has become our house wine.  d’Arc from Tre Donne is a delicious wine we discovered at a local wine shop in Fredericksburg (Kybecca).  It is a blend of varietals from the Piedmont region of Italy and is smooth and intense.  At $15 per bottle it is a great bargain and a wine we can share every night … even those nights we only have chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment