Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And the Earth Moved

Yesterday, we decided to make soup for dinner.  My favorite recipe is a “Tuscan Chicken with White Beans and Wilted Greens”.  This includes fennel, onion, Swiss chard, and cannelloni beans (if you are really interested in the recipe, send me an email and I will forward).  Anyway since soup does not really go well with a Virginia summer, we have not made this particular recipe for several months and were really looking forward to it! 
We paired it with some warm bread (to dip into the soup) and had a meal that is unequaled.  We also included a Virginia Merlot from Barboursville, Va.  I have previously commented on this Merlot and how I believe it is unusual as an affordable and delicious Merlot from Virginia.  Also, as I said, even though this is our favorite soup, we have not made it for several months. 
I guess with this convergence of unusual events it was inevitable that something incredible would happen.  In short, as a result of these choices, the earth moved in Virginia … so I have to offer my apologies to those affected by the earthquake since it seems I may be inadvertently responsible for this event. 
Anyway, I can verify that the soup and wine combination were worth the effort and the chocolate pairing would have made my earth shake regardless of any thing I could have done otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment