Monday, May 14, 2012

Rainy Days and Monday ...


The rainy weather decided on the dinner tonight.  In an effort to change our mood from the cool wet evening, I decided to make a special chili.  Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili looked like an excellent alternative to the usual hamburger infused version.   This turned out to be easy to make and was both spicy and tasty (although it did not have the same appeal as a regular fat enriched chili).   If you have vegetarian tendencies, I can recommend this as a good alternative … if you are a dedicated meat eater, look for another recipe.

We paired the dinner with a Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel.  This 2009 Rubus was good for a Zinfandel, but we have gotten away from the berry and fruit flavors of a standard Zin and therefore did not like this as well as some of our other wines.  Never-the-less, the wine did pair well with the chili and especially well with the chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. I really love it when I get home from work and dinner is almost ready!! I am so spoiled!!! Whatever will I do when I am retired? I will have to fake being sick or something so I can get out of making dinner. The chili was so good - a stick to your ribs - kind of meal. Very flavorful with a definite kick!! The wine was also a good accompaniment!!

    ReplyDelete