Monday, July 4, 2011

Sick in St Martin


Ok, I have to confess that I took a couple of nights off from the blog due to a cold.  Of course the fact that the meals were nothing special did not really inspire me to break out of my lethargy. 
The night of the 29th (Wed night) we went to Cheri’s.  The food was only ok (no wine was purchased) but the entertainment was very enjoyable.  The group “Sweet Chocolate” was performing (and yes simply from the name of the band I was excited) and they did EVERYTHING to entertain the crowd including dressing up and performing as several characters and getting the crowd involved with the show.  It was a fun evening but definitely not a meal to remember.
The next day my cold was worse and we were scheduled to take a cigarette boat to Anguilla.  The boat trip was great and we had an enjoyable lunch on Anguilla.  I had the best conch fritters I have ever eaten while others had lobster salad and fresh snapper.  Everyone agreed that their lunch was excellent especially when washed down with a rum punch. 
For dinner that night we went to the Green House restaurant.  Our first clue that this was probably not going to be a successful dinner was when we ordered “Original Pussers Painkillers” from the menu and were warned by our waiter that they do not use Pussers rum … huh ... back to a rum punch.  I had a blackened Mahi sandwich which was not only not blackened but was also not as good as one I purchased for lunch at the beach bar yesterday.  The ladies had fish tacos which were supposed to be made with fresh grouper but came with a breaded fish that would have made Long John Silvers proud.  All in all it was a less than inspiring dinner.
 
 

O-well, back to the condo for some chocolate before I write up our last night’s dinner which was (spoiler alert) magnificent!

No comments:

Post a Comment